A house is the place where one feels completely safe, but this haven can sometimes succumb to anti social elements such as burglars. Break-ins can happen when you are inside the house and even while you are away. A lot of reported cases are however in the latter situation. So how does ensure complete safety and security of house and property?
There are several ways like erecting a boundary wall, installing close circuit cameras to keep an eye remotely too when you are away, ensuring that the front and back door is strong enough and more importantly that you have the best locks installed. There is no point in spending hundreds of dollars on the stronger of the front door and then installing a flimsy lock.
How do you ensure that you have good locks?
Contact a locksmith!
- This is the professional who has an in-depth understanding of all the various types of locks that are available in the market. He knows which type will suit your door.
- There is a flip side to installing the best lock too, and you realize this when you forget the keys inside and lock yourself out! There is an obvious irony to the situation where the very system that you put in place to keep your homes safe is now not letting you enter your own house. Now, look at the positive side; if you are finding it tough to break in after leaving the keys inside, then chances are that burglars will find it difficult too. However, you still need to get into your house so the only solution left is to call the locksmiths who took care of your security needs in the first place.
- If you find that you have lost your house keys when you reach home late; then too you can call a locksmith. These are generally referred to as emergency locksmiths who are available 24×7. They understand that such issues can arise at any time and have staff waiting to rush to your address the moment you call them. It is evident that you cannot waste time in searching for a professional and doing background checks to ensure if you have got the right one when you are standing outside your door. It is thus important that you keep the phone number of an emergency lock picking service saved on your mobile.
- Repairing and maintaining the locks in good condition is also paramount to your safety. If there is the slightest problem in locking or unlocking; contact a locksmith urgently as this leaves your property vulnerable to break-ins. A lot of thefts also happen if the burglar finds an opportunity so if someone has been noticing you struggling with locking or unlocking your front door then this could spell trouble for you.
Top Safety Tips
A lot of burglaries happen when occupants of a house are on a holiday. The question is how burglars know that there is nobody in the house. There can be many signs such as mail box being full; pile of newspapers at the front door because you forgot to inform the delivery boy of your plans; an unkempt garden; a house without any security screens and plenty more signs.
The point is that when you are away, it should not be too obvious by any passerby that this house is unoccupied:
- You should inform your neighbors to keep an eye
- Let a gardener come in once in a while and keep your garden in top shape when you are not there too
- Inform all regular and any other expected home deliveries of an alternate address
- Get proper security screen installed
- Ensure that your front door has a deadbolt as well as a spring bolt
Moreover, a security system that triggers an alarm and conveys the same to the proper authorities is perhaps the best way to get peace of mind when you are away. However, this is not affordable by everybody. In such a case it is important that take the above precautions and also apply some common sense like not posting your travel news on social media. You can of course always share all your lovely photographs and interesting news when you are back!
It is not only important to install the best locks, but also to maintain it for which you should only contact a locksmith. Click here to get more information.